Monday, 23 June 2014

Something For All: Light Coverage Bases That Work


- Revlon Photoready 'BB Cream in 020 Light Medium' -
- The Body Shop 'Moisture Foundation in 05' -
- NARS 'Radiant Creamy Concealer in Light2 Vanilla' -



Finding products that work on your skin, especially for base, deserves a pat on the back! Although they aren't all 10 out of 10, so far so good guys. I thought I'd break it down into three categories, and give you the spill on where these products target best. 


 Long-lasting power 
Lets start of with the newest addition; Revlon Photoready BB Cream. I will honestly say this product surprised me. I wasn't expecting to enjoy using it this much or seeing how well it works on my skin. It has a creamy consistency with a much thicker formula. It blends well into the skin and last's all day! I know, I'm in as much awe as you right now. It works well on its own, as long as I apply my moisturiser and primer of choice generously. As it's now winter in Australia, the shade is slightly too dark for me now, but alas that's where product two comes into the scene! 


Consistency and fluidity 
The Body Shop Moisture Foundation has been my go-to for over  a year now and I still love it. I've recently been combining both products together and they make a pretty perfect shade for my current skin tone, almost coming out to a very similar shade found in the NARS Tinted Moisturiser collection. Combining the products actually work better, as the thickness of the Revlon makes the make up long lasting, yet The Body Shop allows the make up to blend easily into the skin and give the face a smoothing complexion. This is where product three gets involved. 


Coverage
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer... wow, I see what all they hype was about! This is a seriously great product. It works perfect on my skin covering spots and redness, although I will say that it doesn't work as well for me under the eyes, as the foundation's I wear don't have a higher enough coverage to keep it from creasing up. All in all, great product with good coverage and long-lasting power. It's also really practical as a product just on it's own, for days where you want to cover a few spots, blemishes or under-eye darkness, but don't want to apply a full face of make up. 

This trio creates a really even and smooth base for the skin. Combined, they have a long-lasting effect, never creasing or forming together after all-day wear. These products all work perfectly individually as well or in different combinations. Have you guys tried any of these products before? I'd love to know in the comments below! 



2 comments:

  1. I love that concealer,so beautiful ;)
    Love your blog,following you now,hopefully you'll do the same!
    Keep in touch xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea the concealer sure is a good one!
      Yes I just saw that you followed thanks so much! I've followed you back :) You have a lovely blog.
      xo

      Delete