Since writing this post, I thought I would write an update on how University for myself has been going. After being back for nearly two months now, I am really enjoying my course. I’m starting to work out what subjects I want to continue with and have joined a Netball team that is so fun and inclusive. I've never been much of a "join all the social groups" person, but being part of a sport team has moved me out of my comfort zone a little every week. University is a very independent place and I think doing things like this every so often is great! I find the campus and University I’m at to be full of life and really comforting. There's lots of little cafes and gourmet restaurants on campus so lunch is always convenient. Also, as I’m studying Public Relations, I’m hoping to feature a few pieces in regards to that later in the month if I get the chance. So far, so good! Feel free to let me know in the comments whether you go to University or college, and your experiences of it!
Monday, April 21, 2014
Monday, April 14, 2014
- Garnier '2 in 1 Gentle Waterproof Make-Up Remover' -
- Garnier 'Micellar Cleansing Water' -
- Melrose 'Organic Coconut Butter Oil -
- St Ives 'Apricot Face Scrub' -
- The Body Shop 'Aloe Calming Toner' -
- Aesop 'Mandarin Facial Hydrating Cream' -
I've updated my evening routine more than any other. I suppose I'm still sifting through new products and finding ones that work best for me all year round. For me, I'm pretty pleased with the products I'm using at the moment, especially the discovery of Garnier's cleansing range. I use cotton pads for both Garnier products, as well as The Body Shop toner. On occasion I use the Melrose coconut oil, mainly when my skin is needing extra hydration. I use St. Ives scrub religiously now, 3-4 times a week as it's so gentle on the skin. The Aesop hydrating cream is now my night cream as I find it to be too rich in the morning. The Lush lip balm is a new purchase and I seriously love it; so much so that it will feature in my April Monthly Favourites!
Thursday, April 10, 2014
- Nivea Light Moisturising Day Cream' for Normal and Combination Skin -
- Rimmel 'Stay Matte' Primer -
- NARS 'Tinted Moisturiser' in Alaska or The Body Shop 'Moisture Foundation' in 05 -
- NARS 'Radiant Creamy Concealer' in Vanilla -
- Stila 'Convertible Color Lip and Cheek Cream' -
- The Body Shop 'All-In-One Face Base' Pressed Powder in 05 -
- Max factor 'False Lash Effect' Waterproof Mascara -
- Lush 'Honey Trap' lip balm -
These products have been my go-to for a basic but flattering base that’s long lasting with a nice light coverage. As I discover more products, I’m amazed at how much better they slip into my routine. The foundation is just a sample at the moment but once that's used up I shall definitely purchase it! The base and concealer I'm using now is of much higher quality, matches my skin colour better and is more durable especially for an all-day wear.
Have you tried any of the NARS products? Do you have a product that you religiously use on the regular? Let me know in the comments below!